Meet Betsy Hemphill, PhD
Betsy Hemphill grew up in Los Alamos, NM and is pleased to return to this city to raise her own children here. She received her PhD in School Psychology and has experience working with students from diverse backgrounds with varying levels of academic and behavioral achievements and challenges.
2016, PhD in School Psychology, Northeastern University
2011, MS in Applied Education and Counseling Psychology, Northeastern University
2007, Bachelors in Psychology, Summa Cum Laude, Washington University in St. Louis
2004 Honor graduate Los Alamos High School
Nationally Certified School Psychologist
Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in School Psychology
Kiwanis Club of Los Alamos
- Board of Directors 2020-2022
- Key Club Advisor for LAHS
- Key Club Zone Administrator for Southwest District (AZ, NM, El Paso)
Barranca Mesa PTO
- Parent Representative
Betsy is committed to returning a portion of her profits each year back to the community to help support local youth.
- Behavioral Consultation
- Psychoeducational Evaluations
- Academic Support for students with and without learning differences
- Trained in Parent Child Interaction Therapy
- Trained in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Trained in Early Intervention Services for Families with Children 0-3 years old
- Tutoring national standardized tests such as the ACT, SAT, SAT2s, AP Tests
Experience with Diverse Students
- Students scoring in the 1400s or 30s for the SAT and ACT respectively who were looking to improve their scores so they would be competitive applicants at IVY League Schools or for academic scholarships
- Students scoring from 1200-1400 or 24-30 looking to improve their scores to make them more competitive applicants
- Students whose scores were below 1200 on the SAT or below 24 on the ACT and needed support to learn how to approach the test and achieve their maximum potential on test day.
- Students with extended time who are provided additional time to take standardized tests based on their Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and accommodations provided at school
- Students with learning differences who needed one-on-one tutoring to work at their individual learning levels
Contact Us Today
Interested in receiving more information or scheduling a service? Contact us today!